The objectives of the Green Teen Team Foundation are to advance the education of young people, and consequently communities about the importance of biodiversity and the conservation of endangered species of plants and animals around the world. A small foundation with a big vision!
The mission of this project will primarily be manged by teens. They will collaborate in building projects and programmes, managing the ex-situ population, educating friends and family.
The official bit ….
The mission of the Green Teen Team Foundation will be achieved through co-ordinated conservation initiatives, with schools, conservation organisations, families and communities. This will include support for ex-situ captive breeding and management programmes both in-range and out-of-range, in-situ protection and management of native populations, field-based conservation biology and applied research, threatened status and regulatory needs determinations, protected areas evaluations and development, and capacity building and other conservation endeavors as needed.
Our charity constitution objectives state we will work to …
- To advance the education of the public in the subject of endangered species of plants and animals in the England, Europe and worldwide.
- To advance the education of children and teenagers in general
- For the public benefit to promote the education of people, under the age of 20 years, in Europe, and worldwide, in such ways as the charity trustees think fit, including by:
- awarding to such persons scholarships, maintenance allowances or grants tenable towards any Green Teen Team Education Camps, work experience weeks, university, college or institution of higher or further education fees in England and Europe.
- providing their education to undertake travel in furtherance of that education or to prepare for entry to any occupation, trade or profession on leaving any educational establishment in the England and Europe.
- running accredited courses, educational camps, student exchanges and other workshops to provide knowledge and awareness of the ways we can help endangered species of plants and animals and their habitats in England and Europe.
- publishing under the name Green Teen Team Books and educational material to be used in schools and educational establishments in England and Europe.